I am excited to announce the release of my
online watercolour batik classes!
- an art lover discovering the art of Watercolour Batik?
- a Collector wanting to learn more?
- or an artist wanting to explore something new?
This is the place to start.
In this free demonstration you will:
- see the supplies I use
- learn about the step-by-step process of building layers of wax and watercolour to create the finished piece
- discover the joy of ironing the wax off to reveal the finished piece!
This full length class is coming soon!
Wax and water don’t mix! Once you take this class you will understand how that is so important to the Watercolour Batik Process.
Often people are afraid of watercolour – don’t worry – no traditional watercolour skills needed here. It is really about the wax and how it goes on – the watercolour just runs across the page and does the work for you!
Together, we will:
- look at the supplies you will need to melt wax and create your own watercolour batiks
- learn about the Ginwashi paper and how to work with it
- Get to know our watercolour paints and how to use their various characteristics to our advantage
- Explore ways of applying wax to the paper
- Do some exercises to get used to working in this way – and make some cards at the same time!
- Complete a final project. The lessons will take you step-by-step – layer by layer adding wax and then watercolour to build up the values of colour to give this leaf it’s dimension
- Finally I will guide you as you iron the wax off of your piece and discover the joy of finally seeing what it really looks like!
- I want to give you all the information you need to begin your own journey into the fascinating world of watercolour batik.
- All videos are pre-recorded and available for you to watch whenever it is convenient for you.
- Once you have enrolled you will have lifetime access to the class content.
- If you have any questions about these classes just contact me!